Hey everyone! This week’s meal prep is a little bit of a change. Lately I have been focused on quick meal prep with lots of protein and a higher fat content too. My work schedule has been crazy lately and I have found that some extra protein and a bit more fat has been really helping my energy levels. This week’s meal prep also brings an extra treat for us – venison! A friend of mine had some extra and so the casserole we had this week had delicious venison in it!
To get things started off, this week’s snacks included protein balls, banana roll-ups, and turkey roll-ups (recipe coming soon!) I also made a batch of breakfast burritos, which are a staple around here.
On to the highlight – the main dishes! This new casserole was delicious – Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole and definitely the favorite of the week! I did make a few changes
- I used a little under 2 lbs venison
- 2 packages of uncured turkey bacon
- added 8 oz sliced mushrooms and roughly 1 c chopped onions
- subbed out heavy cream with low-fat coconut milk
- added McCormick’s Hamburger seasoning
- used fiesta blend seasoning instead of cheddar, but that was mostly just because that is what I had on hand
Our other main dish for the week was Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken. Now, I usually use chopped broccoli in this, but I actually forgot my bag with the broccoli in it at the grocery store haha! But it still was wonderful and as flavorful as always.
That’s it for this week! Want to try it yourself? Get your grocery list here!
And your random questions for the week –
What is your favorite show to binge watch?
What books have you read lately?